Title: Hospitality Coordinator
Position: Part-Time; hourly non-exempt, 10-hours
Reporting to: Lay Pastor
Provide leadership to hospitality ministries of First United Methodist Church so the church can
make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
● Continually identify, recruit, empower, and train new persons whom God may be calling
to serve in the hospitality ministry.
● Coordinate hospitality leaders to cover hospitality needs of Sunday worship and special
worship services. This includes welcoming, welcome desk, offering, communion prep,
communion serving, lobby refreshments, greeter name tags, and parking lot attendants.
● Work with Pastors to staff the “I’m New” sign. To identify, communicate, and follow up
with new and returning guests.
● Order, maintain, and prepare communion elements inventory.
● Lead a team of volunteers who are responsible for seasonally appropriate decorations,
and work with the worship team to incorporate decorations into the sanctuary stage
● Support the Traditional Elements Worship team. This team is responsible for adornments
associated with the liturgical calendar. Altar cloths, candle oil and wicks, eternal flame,
Advent candles, poinsettias and palm branches/Easter lilies.
● Manage the hospitality ministry budget.
● Participate in regular church staff meetings and weekly worship planning meetings.
● A dynamic personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Demonstrable organizational skills in order to identify, recruit and equip teams of
● A self-starter who is committed to an excellent worship experience.
● Exceptional relational skills.
● Passion for Jesus