Title:Custodial Maintenance Technician
Position: Part-Time; hourly non-exempt, 25-hours
Reporting to: Lay Pastor
This position is responsible for the cleanliness of the building, general maintenance, as well as overseeing and scheduling the routine contracted maintenance of the buildings and grounds. A clean, safe environment is conducive to the mission of the Church of making new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. This position will work with and oversee a team of volunteers for regular maintenance and specific projects.
- Regular sanitation of all restrooms and touch points to ensure cleanliness & health guidelines are met.
- Responsible for cleanliness of assigned areas to ensure a well-organized appearance in addition to functionality for staff & church activities.
- Coordinate sanitation needs with Joyful Noise Director and maintain cleanliness in children’s hallway, in accordance with early childhood education standards.
- Serve as the main point of contact for repairs/emergencies.
- Follow up on work orders submitted, troubleshoot problems, and make minor maintenance repairs.
- Responsible for appropriate and timely use of cleaning equipment, as needed.
- Manages and orders stock of paper products and janitorial supplies as needed for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinates with trustees/leadership team in planning and assisting with long term maintenance and other projects, as assigned.
- Available for Sunday mornings and “high volume” services and special events at church: special worship services, Easter, Vacation Bible School, Advent events, Christmas Eve.
- Records working hours on manual clock in custodial closet, any off site hours will be recorded in margin of time card.
- Develop and ensure a facilities maintenance plan.
- Recruit and coordinate with a team of volunteers for regular maintenance and projects.
- Maintain record of vendors and the services contracted.
• Must be able to physically access all work sites required for the position.
• May require exposure to weather and temperature extremes.
• Ability to work with cleaning materials, detergents and authorized chemicals and
• May require exposure to heights.
• Must have physical mobility to move from place to place on the job.
• Must have physical strength to handle routine custodian materials and tools.
• Must have physical strength to handle 50+ lb. objects, considering frequency.
● Willingness to abide by the First United Methodist staff guiding values.
● Demonstrated growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ
● Commitment to United Methodist theology
● Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and manage time and projects accordingly.
● Demonstrated gifts in hospitality.
● Can keep flexible hours and be available for ministry when needed.